- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 1 c chopped pecans
- GHOSTWOOD apple butter
- Combine butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl, beat with mixer until light and fluffy. Add salt and vanilla, beating until well blended. Stir in flour and pecans.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap; chill for several hours or overnight. Dough can be stored up to 3 days.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Shape chilled dough into 1 inch balls. Mixture will be firm, soften in palms while rolling into balls. Place on baking sheet 2 inches apart. Press thumb gently into center of each ball to make an indentation. Fill with 1/2 tsp of GHOSTWOOD apple butter.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until edges are lightly brown. Cool.