It is the start of party season! I love fall and winter. It is so fun planning for Halloween and the holidays. This recipe is going on all my party tables this year. It is very easy to double, if not triple. For one batch, use the 15 ounce family size traditional Chex Mix. If you want to double or triple, and don’t want to buy so many bags, you can make your own Chex Mix. Fifteen ounces is 7 cups.
- 1 bag (15 oz) Chex Mix traditional snack mix
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/2 lb bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tbsp GHOSTWOOD
- 3/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
- Heat oven to 300 degrees. Line two 15x10x1 inch baking sheets with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix snack mix, pecans and bacon. Set aside
- In a 2 qt saucepan, melt butter, add brown sugar and corn syrup over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until bubbly around edges.
- Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, remove from heat. Cool 2 minutes. Carefully stir in GHOSTWOOD and chili powder. Pour over snack mix, toss until evenly coated.
- Spread mixture on pans. Bake 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to caramel ice mixture. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Break into pieces. Store covered in refrigerator.