Thanksgiving is right around the corner. This relish goes perfectly with that turkey!
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 12 ounce package fresh cranberries, picked over
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine GHOSTWOOD, shallots and orange zest. Bring to a boil over moderate heat, simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture is reduced to a syrupy glaze, about 10 minutes.
- Add the cranberries and sugar, stirring well until sugar dissolves. Lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, until most of the cranberries have burst, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in black pepper. Transfer to a bowl, let cool to room temperature, cover and refrigerate.
- Can be made several days before serving.