If you are like me, you are always looking for sides to change your meals. We had this last night with pot roast, and oh my gosh, they are delicious.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into equal size pieces
- 1/2 cup GHOSTWOOD
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper, or red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- When the butter gets foamy, add the carrots. Reduce heat to medium and cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove pan from heat. Add Ghostwood. Place pan back on burner, and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add water and honey.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently until a thick glaze forms and carrots deepen in color. Remove from heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Add a pinch of cayenne or red pepper flakes if desired. Then sprinkle with thyme.