You will need so many napkins. These wings are amazingly awesome! Happy Eating! – Jan
- 1/2 cup Ghostwood bourbon
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 3/4 c maple syrup, grade A
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Sprig fresh rosemary, or 1 tsp dry
- Several dashes hot sauce, I used Cholula
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Melt butter in medium saucepan, add onion and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add Ghostwood, maple syrup, tomato paste, sprig of rosemary, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Bring to a simmer, simmer for 5 minutes, cool.
- You can use half of this mixture to marinade wings for an hour, or overnight.
- If you want to make immediately, use half glaze and coat wings before roasting.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange the wings on a rack over foil lined baking sheet with space between wings.
- Roast wings for 20 minutes, turnover and roast for at least another 25 minutes, or until tender. They should be nicely browned.
- While wings are roasting, boil remaining sauce (with the sprig of rosemary) in saucepan until it thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- When wings are tender, put them in a bowl and coat with remaining sauce.