Making homemade salad dressing can be easy, and tastes incredible. This dressing can be served with a lot of different salads. The cool thing is, you can adjust it to your own tastes and top it on any type of salad you will be serving. Use the vinaigrette recipe as your base, if you want more sweetness, add another dribble of maple syrup, if you want more salt or pepper, add it. I added another splash of GHOSTWOOD to really bring out the hint of it to the salad. It is totally up to you. All I ask is that you at least try it with the spinach salad. The GHOSTWOOD with this salad is beyond amazing!
- 1/2 c GHOSTWOOD
- 3/4 c olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
Spinach Salad –
- 9 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 8 oz fresh baby spinach, leave whole
- 1/2 c pecans or walnuts, roughly chopped and toasted
- 1 apple, chopped
- 2 radishes, sliced
- 4 oz blue cheese
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, bring GHOSTWOOD to a boil. Cook until liquid is reduced by half, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until chilled.
- In the chilled GHOSTWOOD bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, maple syrup, salt, pepper. Taste and add more of any ingredient you think it needs. I added another hearty splash of GHOSTWOOD. Whisk after every addition.
- For salad, cook bacon until crisp. Transfer to paper towel lined plate. Chop when cool.
- In a large salad bowl, add spinach, top with toasted nuts, chopped apple, sliced radish, blue cheese, and reserved bacon. Toss gently with some of the prepared vinaigrette.
- Keep leftover vinaigrette in the refrigerator in an enclosed container. It will keep for about a week.