This recipe is from our dear friend Pam Lichty. Pam and her husband John are Ghostwood advocates. We love when our Ghostwood fans create recipes and send them on to us. – Jan
INGREDIENTS – Pork
- 1 pork roast, loin or shoulder
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 c water
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic or 1/2 tsp minced, or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 can cola
- 1/2 c to 1 c GHOSTWOOD
INGREDIENTS – Totchos!
- 1 bag tater tots, store bought makes things easier.
- Diced tomatoes
- Shredded lettuce
- Shredded cheese
- 1/2 jar queso blanco dip, or regular queso
- Sliced black olives
- Sour cream
- Chopped jalapenos
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- Blend together the ingredients from ketchup to cayenne pepper and marinade pork in large plastic bag for 6-8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Put pork roast and marinade in slow cooker. Add the can of cola, cook on high for one hour, then low for 6-7 hours. Add GHOSTWOOD in the last hour until inner temperature of pork is at least 145 degrees. Remove roast from slow cooker, shred pork.
- Bake tater tots according to package directions.
- After baking, move tots so they are gathered in the middle of the baking sheet. Top with shredded pork, pour 1/2 jar of queso over pork.
- Broil for a few minutes in oven until queso is warmed through. Top with the rest of the ingredients, or choose your own!