Ribeye Steak with Ghostwood Bourbon Cream Sauce is the best special occasion recipe. It feels really fancy without needing a lot of ingredients. This recipe is for one serving, it can easily be converted to as many steaks as you want,
just double sauce ingredients as you go up in number of steaks.
- 1 Ribeye steak
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Pepper
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp GHOSTWOOD
- 3 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1/4 tsp Ground Peppercorns
- 1/4 tsp dried Tarragon
- Pat the steak dry with a paper towel. Season the steak with the salt and pepper (or your favorite seasoning). Melt a tablespoon of butter in a 10 in cast iron skillet. You can do this step on the stove or grill. Place steak in hot pan and sear, turn and sear the other side.
- Remove steak from the pan, and finish on the hot grill, grill to your liking.
- Keep the drippings from the steak in the pan, add bourbon, cream, ground peppercorns and tarragon. Beware that the bourbon might flame up a bit until you add the cream.
- Wisk the sauce together and simmer slowly for 5 minutes, until it thickens a bit, while the steak rests. Serve steak with the sauce.