At Ghostwood, we believe in our hearts that our whiskey is perfectly made to be a “sipping whiskey”. But, to kick things up a notch, we love cooking with it as well. These baked beans were made by Lucas’s mother, Jan Perks for an pairing event and we couldn’t resist sharing them here for all to use. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: prep: 15 min. bake: 50 min. Servings: 14 servings
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) baked beans
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup spicy barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/3 c Ghostwood bourbon
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (6 ounces) french-fried onions, crushed, divided
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided
In a large bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. Stir in half the onions and bacon. Transfer to a greased 13×9-in. baking dish., Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining onions and bacon. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly.